Revolt Library >> Browsing
Anarchist and Anti-Authoritarianism : A collection of historic materials detailing Anarchism, Libertarianism, and Anti-Authoritarianism. By understanding more about the past, we can better apply the principles we discover today.
• "...government only interferes to exploit the masses, or defend the privileged, or, lastly, to sanction, most unnecessarily, all that has been done without its aid, often in spite of and opposition to it." (From : Errico Malatesta.)
• "It has cost mankind much time and blood to secure what little it has gained so far from kings, czars and governments." (From : Emma Goldman.)
• "...there is no revolution without the masses..." (From : Mikhail Bakunin.)
Persons and Individuals Involved with the Revolution : About the people and individuals of the past who have made up revolutions, whether they were active revolutionaries or brilliant theoreticians. If we know how they lived in the past, we might know what's possible to do today.
• "...in the State, the pleasure of commanding takes the place of the love which the chief cannot have for the peoples under him." (From : Jean Jacques Rousseau.)
• "Civilization, therefore, or that which is so-called, has operated two ways: to make one part of society more affluent, and the other more wretched, than would have been the lot of either in a natural state." (From : Thomas Paine.)
• "You have noticed that the human being is a curiosity. In times past he has had (and worn out and flung away) hundreds and hundreds of religions; today he has hundreds and hundreds of religions, and launches not fewer than three new ones every year." (From : Mark Twain.)