The Teaching of Christ Narrated for Children : Chapter 4
(1828 - 1910) ~ Father of Christian Anarchism : In 1861, during the second of his European tours, Tolstoy met with Proudhon, with whom he exchanged ideas. Inspired by the encounter, Tolstoy returned to Yasnaya Polyana to found thirteen schools that were the first attempt to implement a practical model of libertarian education. (From : Anarchy Archives.)
• "It usually happens that when an idea which has been useful and even necessary in the past becomes superfluous, that idea, after a more or less prolonged struggle, yields its place to a new idea which was till then an ideal, but which thus becomes a present idea." (From : "Patriotism and Government," by Leo Tolstoy, May 1....)
• "If, in former times, Governments were necessary to defend their people from other people's attacks, now, on the contrary, Governments artificially disturb the peace that exists between the nations, and provoke enmity among them." (From : "Patriotism and Government," by Leo Tolstoy, May 1....)
• "People who take part in Government, or work under its direction, may deceive themselves or their sympathizers by making a show of struggling; but those against whom they struggle (the Government) know quite well, by the strength of the resistance experienced, that these people are not really pulling, but are only pretending to." (From : "A Letter to Russian Liberals," by Leo Tolstoy, Au....)
And rumors about Jesus spread in the area, and a lot of people began to walk behind him and listen to him. And he told people: “Remember, you went to listen John in the desert, why did you go to see him? People go watch someone in rich clothes, but those live in palaces, and there was nothing like this in the desert. Then why did you go to John, in the wilderness? You went there to listen to someone who taught you a good life, didn’t you? What did he teach you? He taught you that the kingdom of God must come, but that for it to come, so that there is no evil in the world, all people need to live not apart, each for himself, but so that everybody would be together, and so that all would love each other. So in order for the kingdom of God to come, you first need to change your life. The kingdom of God does not come by itself, it is not God who will arrange this kingdom, but you yourself should and can establish this kingdom of God, and you will establish it when you will try your best to change your life. Do not think that the kingdom of God will appear in a visible way. The kingdom of God cannot be seen. And if someone tells you: ‘it is here or there,’ don't believe it and don't go. The kingdom of God is not in time or place of any kind. It is everywhere and nowhere, because it is inside of you, within your soul. (Matthew 11, 7-12; Luke 16, 16; 17, 20-24)
1) That did Jesus speak about the teaching of John?
2) That needs to be done for the kingdom of God to come?
3) Where is the kingdom of God?
From : Wikisource.org
No comments so far. You can be the first!
<< Last Work in The Teaching of Christ Narrated for Children
Current Work in The Teaching of Christ Narrated for Children
Next Work in The Teaching of Christ Narrated for Children >>
All Nearby Works in The Teaching of Christ Narrated for Children