(1828 - 1910) ~ Father of Christian Anarchism : In 1861, during the second of his European tours, Tolstoy met with Proudhon, with whom he exchanged ideas. Inspired by the encounter, Tolstoy returned to Yasnaya Polyana to found thirteen schools that were the first attempt to implement a practical model of libertarian education. (From : Anarchy Archives.)
• "It is necessary that men should understand things as they are, should call them by their right names, and should know that an army is an instrument for killing, and that the enrollment and management of an army -- the very things which Kings, Emperors, and Presidents occupy themselves with so self-confidently -- is a preparation for murder." (From : "'Thou Shalt Not Kill'," by Leo Tolstoy, August 8,....)
• "You are surprised that soldiers are taught that it is right to kill people in certain cases and in war, while in the books admitted to be holy by those who so teach, there is nothing like such a permission..." (From : "Letter to a Non-Commissioned Officer," by Leo Tol....)
• "The Government and all those of the upper classes near the Government who live by other people's work, need some means of dominating the workers, and find this means in the control of the army. Defense against foreign enemies is only an excuse. The German Government frightens its subjects about the Russians and the French; the French Government, frightens its people about the Germans; the Russian Government frightens its people about the French and the Germans; and that is the way with all Governments. But neither Germans nor Russians nor Frenchmen desire to fight their neighbors or other people; but, living in peace, they dread war more than anything else in the world." (From : "Letter to a Non-Commissioned Officer," by Leo Tol....)
If you live according to my commandment of love and fulfill it, then you will have everything you want, because the will of the Father is so you have what you wish. As the Father gave me the blessing, so I give you the blessing. If you fulfill my commandment, just like I fulfill the Father's commandment, you'll be blessed. My commandment is that you love one another just as I loved you, so that you, out of love, are ready to sacrifice your physical life. You are equal to me if you do what I taught you. I don’t consider you being slaves but I consider you being equal to me, because I have explained you everything I understood from the Father, so you can do the same as I did. I have given you the true teaching. And this teaching gives you the only true blessing. The entire teaching is to love each other.
If the world will hate you and chase you away, don't be surprised – the world hates my teaching. If you were at one with the world, it would love you. But I have separated you from the world, and because of that the world will hate and persecute you. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you. They cannot stop doing this, because they do not know the Father. I explained them who their Father is, but they didn't want to hear me. They have not understood my teaching because they did not understand what I told to them about the Father. And for that they hated me even more. I would tell you much more, but it’s hard for you to understand me yet. But when the spirit of truth will enter you, it will show you all the truth, because it will tell you not something new, on its own, but what is from God, and it, in all cases of life, will show you the way. This spirit will tell you inside you the same thing that I tell. (John 15, 7-26; 16, 12-15)
1) What will happen to those who will follow the commandments of Jesus?
2) What are the commandments and all the teaching about?
3) How will the worldly people treat the disciples of Jesus?
4) Why will the worldly people act that way?
5) Who will tell the disciples everything that Jesus did not have time to tell?
From : Wikisource.org
No comments so far. You can be the first!
<< Last Work in The Teaching of Christ Narrated for Children
Current Work in The Teaching of Christ Narrated for Children
Next Work in The Teaching of Christ Narrated for Children >>
All Nearby Works in The Teaching of Christ Narrated for Children