A collection of historic materials detailing Anarchism, Libertarianism, and Anti-Authoritarianism. By understanding more about the past, we can better apply the principles we discover today.
• "It has cost mankind much time and blood to secure what little it has gained so far from kings, czars and governments." (From : Emma Goldman.)
• "As to parliamentary rule, and representative government altogether... It is becoming evident that it is merely stupid to elect a few men, and to entrust them with the task of making laws on all possible subjects, of which subject most of them are utterly ignorant." (From : Peter Kropotkin.)
• "...'higher powers' exist only through my exalting them and abasing myself." (From : Max Stirner.)
About the people and individuals of the past who have made up revolutions, whether they were active revolutionaries or brilliant theoreticians. If we know how they lived in the past, we might know what's possible to do today.
• "You have noticed that the human being is a curiosity. In times past he has had (and worn out and flung away) hundreds and hundreds of religions; today he has hundreds and hundreds of religions, and launches not fewer than three new ones every year." (From : Mark Twain.)
• "...in the State, the pleasure of commanding takes the place of the love which the chief cannot have for the peoples under him." (From : Jean Jacques Rousseau.)
• "If you let a single ray of light through the shutter, it will go on diffusing itself without limit till it enlighten the world; but the shadow that was never so wide at first, as rapidly contracts till it comes to naught." (From : Henry David Thoreau.)